The month of January is just Eh. I am not a huge fan. It’s like everyone tries to reinvent themselves or start fresh. But what is wrong with any day or any time? Why do people wait until a new year to start something new or start exercising or start eating better when you have a whole year you could be doing that? It’s a waste of time if you ask me. I’m a firm believer of just being YOU 100% of the time no matter what day or month it is and forget all the new year new you crap. How about just BE YOU! okay enough of my personal trainer brain ranting on and on.
In the month of January we were able to score my sister the wedding dress of her dreams! She is getting married this August and we are so excited to celebrate her and her fiancé out in Idaho! It has been fun helping with some of the details and I can’t wait to be a bridesmaid! SHE SAID YES to the dress at Encore Bridal in down town Fort Collins. Which is where I got my dress too andddd she even picked the same designer as I did which we did not find out until we ordered the dress. How crazy is that! Now my youngest sister kinda has to do the same 😉 just kidding Chey…..
We also went down to my in-laws house because my husband had to help his dad rewire and put in new outdoor lights at the Pagosa Springs Hot Springs Resort. That is a big project and they still have lots more to do around there. If you ever get a chance to visit Pagosa Springs Colorado, do yourself a favor and go to the Hot Springs there. They are amazing and I look forward to it every time we are down there.
To be completely honest with you its been hard to sit down and try to write this post for January because my sweet and precious grandma joined Jesus on Sunday last week 2/7/2021. She was surrounded by her family in her own home and is now in her forever home and at peace. It has been a rough week to say the least. My grandmother played a huge part in raising me into who I am today. She was everything a grandma should be. She spoiled the crap out of us, and taught us so much, she took us on trips, she made the best darn lasagna and Kolache (Polish nut rolls). I literally could go on for days and days on all the wonderful things my grandma did. I also like to give credit to her for all my crafting skills because she taught me so many essential skills that young ladies these days don’t really acquire anymore. For that I am truly thankful. I am so incredibly blessed to be able to still have grandparents and to have them be a part of my life. Friends do yourself a favor and call your family members, send them letters, visit them as often as you can. Life is just too short and in the end the only thing you truly have is your family and loved ones.
Now on to the stuff you have been waiting to read. If you have been following me for a while you already know, BUT if you’ve never read one of these posts, let me explain. I like to take an inventory of my favorite things I have stumbled upon each month and share them with you all! It will be open to anything and all things – no exceptions!
If you end up taking my advice (which come on, why wouldn’t you?!) and purchase or use any of the items below – TAG ME in them! I want to see you out there being the BadAss Babes that you all are!
- Velvet Bow: Okay as a Grand Millennial I love all the bows and frills I can get! How stinkin adorable are these Bows by Grace and Gradeaur! They are made from Luxe Velvet Ribbon and come in all sorts of shapes and lengths to suit your fancy. I got a purple bow…. of course because purple is my favorite color and I can not wait to add to my bow collection, because who says bows are only for little girls?
- Bridgerton Book Series and Netflix Series: So I love a good time period show and this one did not disappoint! Definitely do not watch this with your mom or anyone you might get embarrassed with because it can get a little steamy. However, the outfits and the filming sets are just stunningly beautiful. The costumes are dreamy and I wish I was a young lady of society wearing all those beautiful gowns. After I watched the first season I promptly downloaded the audible of the first and second book and have already finished the second book. I am just itching for the next season to air, but who knows when that will be, so for now I will just keep reading all the books…. Just downloaded the next two audibles ! :)))) The Narrator does an outstanding job at switching between characters!
- Heart Earrings: In the spirit of Valentines coming up I had to order these. Last year I totally regretted not ordering them and I was so happy when they brought them back this year! They are a darling addition to any valentines day or month outfit. Statement earrings are always fun and I really don’t wear them enough. I used to not be able to stand anything huge but now I’m all for the bigger the better! St. Armands Designs has a wonderful selection of very affordable and chic Resort and statement earrings that add that extra touch of pop to any outfit. Founded in Sarasota Florida by woman for woman! 🙂
- Cricut Maker– I like to pretend that I am miss Susie homemaker and craft, bake, cook, clean and decorate till my hearts content. Well my husband most certainly does not complain because he always has a clean home and a full belly. He had heard me talking about a Cricut machine for ages and I would often drop hints like oh if I had a Cricut I could make that or this would be so much easier. Well this Christmas by golly he surprised me with my very on Cricut maker and now I can’t stop crafting! It’s all I think about…… welll besides maybe working out. But anyway it has been a blast learning to use design space and all different things I can actually do with it. Someone told me that the difference between the maker and the explore air is this: ones a Bentley and ones a Beamer both nice but one has wayyyy better features and I can totally agree to that. I am so happy with my maker and I can’t wait to see all the things I come up with!
- Heated car blanket- this was also a Christmas gift from my husband, which God bless him he is so thoughtful. He knows I’m always freezing even with the heat cranked up and the heated seats on. This is a great thing to keep in your car in the winter time. It plugs into your cigarette lighter and is actually not bulky at all so it can easily be stored in the back. I’m extra thankful for it when he’s driving and turns the heat off because he’s roasting and I’m still freezing.
Thats all for this month my friends! I already have my Feb Fave 5 list rolling and I will have that to you as promised next month. I hope you find some entertainment or enjoyment in reading my blog and I wish you all a Happy Valentines day tomorrow! TTYS 🙂