Well thank the Lord March is over and wowza what a doozie its been. From the global pandemic COVID-19 raging across the world and shutting down our entire country to my husband and I packing our things and moving back home to Colorado. Its been quite the whirlwind of a few weeks of moving and quarantine.
(photo taken in downtown Austin TX. we try to take Lulu with us where ever we go!)
March has been a crazy blur of a month. Now that we are in our first week of April and our first week in our new home in Colorado I pray that things will settle down a bit. Moving during a pandemic was actually pretty easy. There was literally nobody on the roads other than truckers. Corbin Drove the moving truck which he towed one of the vehicles and I drove the Jeep behind him. 1000 miles is not so bad when you have a good book to listen too and nothing but blue skies and empty roads ahead. My current Audible is called Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves a good clean historical fiction romance novel.
Slowly but surely I am getting the house put together and Corbin is already off working on the new Scheels Job site. I love that we are home in CO but I am seriously going to miss many things about living in Alamo Heights Texas and Texas in general. However, Colorado is home to us and it is where we ultimately want to be in the long term. I deeply miss all of my clients I left behind there and I hope to stay connected with them in any way that I can. I pray that during this time of chillin at home we can all stay on track with our goals no matter how small or big they are. In the spirit of trying to keep things a little normal around here I have rounded up a few of my favorites for you again.
Now on to the good stuff. I’m sure most of you who have been following me for a while already know, BUT if you’ve never read one of these posts, let me explain. I like to take an inventory of my favorite things I have stumbled upon each month and share them with you all! It will be open to anything and all things – no exceptions!
If you end up taking my advice (which come on girl, why wouldn’t you?!) and purchase or use any of the items below – TAG ME in them! I want to see you out there being the BadAss Babes that you all are!
1. Lizard Lips Chapstick – This lip balm is my new favorite lip product. I had a client bring this to me one day at the gym because I was telling her that Lulu always eats my chapsticks. No matter where I put my chapsticks she will find them and she will eat them. It is rather frustrating. So I hide this one from her and take extra care that she doesn’t find it because I really like this one. It also smells amazing, I have the vanilla scent and its delish! I could almost eat it myself hehe. It also have SPF 22 which is great for all my outdoor adventures. It is made in Austin TX and comes in other flavors as well if you don’t like vanilla. They also have an organic version which I may try next time but these are awesome!
2. Earth Animal Flea Collar -Okay now that we live in Colorado I don’t need to worry about flea’s anymore but in Texas this was a life saver. I am a firm believer in not giving my dogs or my humans for that matter any sort of chemicals. Frontline and other brands are essentially feeding your dog harmful and toxic pesticides. I don’t want to go on and on about them but I did find a few wonderful alternatives that work wonders. I can go into more detail on the products I used for Lulu to keep her flea and tick free while living in Texas but for now I will share this easy and affordable start to a more natural approach at caring for your fur baby. For one the smell is amazing and she doesn’t mind wearing it at all. It is almost invisible with how long her fur is and it lasts about three months until I have to get another one. I found that while wearing her collar and using the other products I researched, Lulu stayed bug free year round without hardly trying at all. Corbin was amazed how well it worked because when we first moved down there I had no idea how to deal with fleas and honestly I had never seen a flea until Texas. I often would have to comb out a couple here and there in the evenings after our walks and it was disgusting! This really does wonders and I love that it makes her smell amazing too!
3. Katie Kime Shirt It doesn’t get more classic than this. I love this Oxford long sleeve shirt with jeans, add a monogram to the pocket for a little more style. I personally got it monogrammed with the same pattern as the photo below and I adore how it turned out. Tuck it in, wear it down, or French tuck this shirt for an extra chic look. Katie Kime is a designer in Austin, TX she creates fun unique clothing, stationary, household items etc. I have purchased a few things from her and enjoy them all. I purchased an XXS in this shirt and it is still a little oversized so I recommend sizing down from your normal size if you do order one. There are tons of colors and monogram styles too!
4. Gnarly Protein Powder Alright when it comes to protein powder I am a complete snob. It has to be grass fed and it can’t taste like chalk. I am the same way with bars. Some of the bars out there are complete garbage. This brand and one other is the only protein I can tolerate with getting the gag reflex. Both flavors the chocolate and vanilla are good from this company and I typically hate vanilla shakes so thats a good sign. It mixes well with water and shakes and it digests easily. This is one of my tried and true products that I love love love. I have tried so many proteins over the years thinking I might like them but I keep coming back to this one.
5. Bloody Knuckles I bought this stuff for Corbin because he works construction and his hands are so rough I can’t stand when he even touches me with his dry scratchy hands. This stuff is the bomb and I use it daily too! It works wonders on my nasty calloused hands. Corbin actually takes the time every evening to rub this stuff into his hands and he says that it makes his hands feel better which I agree because it makes my dry hands feel better too. I will forever be using this stuff especially now that we live in dry Colorado again. No froo froo hand creams for this girl, I need the good sh*t that actually works hahahaha
I just want to take a moment to just let you know that even though things seem crazy and uncertain right now. We should remember that we are all in this together (cue high school musical playing in the background) take this time to reflect on your life and what really matters. More often than not we get so caught up with what we think is important that we forget to take a step back and evaluate our lives. Now is the time to do those things you have been putting off, now is the time to bake or make that recipe you’ve been wanting to try, now is the time to start that project or to grow closer to your families each day. Think about what really makes you happy in life and slow down to enjoy this ride we call life. Just because there is a global pandemic occurring doesn’t mean that the world is ending. Life will always go on and its what we do after this all clears up that matters most. Many of our lives will never be the same after this and thats okay, we may not be able to pick right back up where we left from but we sure as hell can work towards something even greater than before.
Keep your chin up and keep on being the awesome humans that I know you all are!