A general basic tip I like to preach to my clients is to always be prepared for the day. Since we mostly tend to go to the gym either to/from work, or even on our lunch breaks we don’t want to carry our whole damn vanity and closet with us. Just enough in case we need a quick shower, or to glam up before leaving the gym. Which is why I have rounded up some of my current essentials to help you do just that.
This also includes a workout outfit, clean undergarments and gym shoes/socks at all times. It is almost impossible to find an excuse to miss your workout when you are prepared with your fitness gear and ready to take on the day afterwards. My personal gym bag is full of tons of goodies to get me through the day without having to go home for anything.
Since I do personal and small group training between 6am and 8pm I have to be prepared for a long successful day. Here is a list of BuffBabe Coach Gym Bag Beauty Essentials:
BEAUTY PRODUCTS IM DIGGIN RIGHT NOW-
- Mascera: This stuff is my holy grail! If I don’t put this on I look like I am 12 years old…..no joke I really do. I absolutely love how a few swipes of mascera can make you look alive even if you just rolled out of bed and got in your car to go to the gym. My fav mascera at the mo is the Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascera This stuff is awesome and does not come off easily no matter how sweaty you get, this stuff stays put!
- Dry Shampoo: Lets face it girls, ain’t nobody got time for washing your hair everyday. Especially when you have to shave your legs, exfoiliate, wash your face and soak in the shower. Dry Shampoo is a BuffBabes life saver, after a a hard sweaty workout I either let my hair air dry and then add some dry shampoo. Or as nasty as this sounds I may even bly dry the sweaty mess and dry shampoo after that. Some days you just gotta do what ya gotta do in order to get ready in a timely manner. One dry shampoo that I have been literally obessed with lately is the Living Proof -Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo It works so well and does not leave a white powdery residue on your head after you use it! I love this stuff!
- LipBalm or for the glam girl Lip Gloss: Nothing is worse than not having chapstick when you need it. I started using the brand FRESH and their SUGAR LIP TREATMENT I like the shade in Nude because it gives a sheer peachy beige tint with shimmer but is oh so moisturizing. This Lippy is also SPF 15! If I am looking for a more finished look after the gym I always bring my BEAUTY COUNTER -LIP GLOSS I love the colors Moonstone and Buff they are perfect for everyday wear and they smell soooo amazing I could eat them!
- SWEAT PROOF FOUNDATION: One of my absolute favorite foundations that I wear if I know I am going to be working out or doing some outdoor activity like going to the lake is by a company called SWEAT COSMETICS The foundation a waterproof powder that is SPF 30. And when I say waterproof I mean it! I could use facewash in the shower and I will still be taking it off after a shower. Its awesome if you are going to be going from gym to work and only need to do a few touch ups after your sweat sesh. It even comes in this awesome compact twist brush with the foundation at the end and you tap the brush to release the powder into the brush. It gets even better because they have a bronzer and a highlighter too!
- Post Workout Face Wipes: Again I can’t rave enough about the SWEAT Cosmetics brand. They make these Cleansing Towelettes That are vitamin and mineral-enriched, cleansing and balancing with coconut water for the face and body. They are super oil-free and they balance/ hydrate your skin with all-natural coconut water, vitamin E, green tea extract, and provitamin B5. The nice thing too is that they are individually-wrapped that can also be used as makeup remover or to cool down after a workout. Plus they will never dry out! They are vegan, gluten-free and free of synthetic fragrances. I have these on a monthly subscription because I love them so much!
- Toning Spray: After you wipe off that sweaty mess from your beautiful faces you may wont to tone your skin to settle the redness in your cheeks. I prefer something very gentle because I have sensitive skin to just about everything. This Kopari Coconut Rose Toner Has been my go to lately. Its gentle and doesn’t dry my skin out at all.
- Tinted Moistuizer or Moiturizer with SPF: I tend to have super uber dry skin so this step I never ever ever forget. Plus it is always good to wear SPF every single day because you only get one face and you gotta protect that shit from all the nasty’s in the world. I really love all things by Coola they are great products that I incorporate into my daily routine. You can’t go wrong with these two products —– Mineral Face SPF Matte Tint which is no color but helps deshine the face and reduce oil and the BB Cream which has a slight tint to it and gives your skin a nice glow!
- Blush: I really enjoy wearing blush because it adds that rosey glow to your face. You may have rosey cheeks after a nice run or heavy lifting session but to keep that flush girl you gotta add blush! A couple of my favorites right now that I am enjoying are the NARS BLUSH – in Orgasm and the TARTE Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush- in Dollface
- Toothpaste: No one wants to start the day with stinky breath and I always brush my teeth before and after working out….. I know I’m weird Okay. This Natural Toothpaste is fresh and minty and it whitens your teeth too! Desert Essence Whitening Plus Cool Mint Toothpaste You can find this at most health food stores, online and other stores that sell Dessert Essence Brand. Make sure you pack a disposable toothbrush with you too!
- Favorite Body Spray or Perfume: Forget fragrance bottle spillage or breaking, Just pack a rollerball perfume or an essentail oil blend after a workout which will have you smelling fresh the rest the day! something Fruity and Citrus is uplifting and motivating after a great workout! Tory Burch Roller Ball Perfume
- Deoderant: I am always searching for a great all natural deoderant that isnt full of aluminum and chemicals. I recently just discovered this Kopari – Coconut Oil deodorant and I Love it! it comes fragrance free or scented and it actually works. I dont smell myself halfway through the day or even after working out. I will most certainly be buying this one again!
These are just some of the things that help me looking and feeling my very best to conquer the day before me. After a hard workout I know that if I have at least these few essentails with me then I am ready for anything the day brings!
What beauty products are you carrying in your gym bags right now?
P.S. I do not get compensated for referring these items to you. Please follow my blog for more awesomeness