As the year 2020 came to and end and we embark on a whole new year, we must all try to find the little things that bring us joy in life. One of those things for me is shopping! OOPS Corbin you didn’t read that 🙂 With 2020 being such a boring year, I made it my goal to try and have more fun this year even if things are still shut down and restricted. I am bound and determined to do more activities than last year because we didn’t do a whole lot and we are so used to going and doing so much that it was really a bummer. We just aren’t used to sitting and veggin’ out on the tv and it was so hard to do nothing. We love to go and explore new places to eat and to see and do ALL the things. I plan on crafting/stitching more, filming more workouts, shopping more (of course), and biking and camping more.
One of my Christmas gifts from my hubby this year was a Cricut Maker which is the ultimate crafters dream machine! I have so much to learn about it and so many ideas and not enough time haha. I am also trying to build my Etsy business more and develop the little details because life is all about the little details when it comes to building a successful online business. If you love to make things I highly suggest getting a Cricut machine because the possibilities are endless and the creativity never stops! I will most certainly be sharing all the goodies I start to make once I figure out how to use design space.
If you haven’t figured this out about me, my house is very different than most. I have a style that isn’t seen very often in Colorado and I LOVE IT! I call it Palm Beach Chic mixed with Hollywood Regency and a little Chinoiserie and MCM. The more color the better but I like to focus on blue, white, green and pops of pink. Here is a sneak peak at my Christmas decor this year!
For Christmas we were able to visit my parents house and it was so nice to be home. The past two years we were alone in Texas with just the two of us and it was a little sad when you are used to huge family gatherings. Even though it wasn’t huge it was good to be home with my family. We had an amazing prime rib roast and on Christmas Eve our tradition has always been to make from scratch, homemade pizza which is my FAVE!
Now on to the stuff you have been waiting to read. If you have been following me for a while you already know, BUT if you’ve never read one of these posts, let me explain. I like to take an inventory of my favorite things I have stumbled upon each month and share them with you all! It will be open to anything and all things – no exceptions!
If you end up taking my advice (which come on, why wouldn’t you?!) and purchase or use any of the items below – TAG ME in them! I want to see you out there being the BadAss Babes that you all are!
- Silk Ribbon: This beautiful hand rolled 100% silk ribbon is made with lots of love! Three fabulous young ladies in the heart of San Antonio Texas just started this company focused on women’s sporting and hunting gear. There aren’t really any companies who make stylish and fashionable gear for the ladies who like to hang with the boys. Who says you can’t be a fashionista and a badass huntress at the same time?! I plan on tying this one to my new lack of color Zulu rancher hat! The hand drawn images that are on the silk are all done by one of the girls and then printed and set to scale on the silk. For this particular ribbon it has hand drawn Lotería, which is often referred to as “Mexican Bingo” on one side and the other some beautiful birds and flowers. The traditional game Lotería originated in Italy, spread to Spain, and then to Mexico in 1769. Sorella Clothing Co. designed this Twilly with the well-balanced beauty and nature of South Texas in mind. I think it is just fabulous and so chic on and off the field. I am looking forward to purchasing a hunting shirt for bird hunting too! Pull it together with some jeans and Chippewa Boots and a brimmed hat and you will be one badass hunting goddess.
- Taco Shells: If you have not tried any Siete Products yet you are totally missing out on fabulous and amazing tasting grain free alternative to chips and tortillas! I have a slight obsession with the almond flour tortillas and trust me when I say that they are worth every single penny you spend on them because they cost a pretty one. When I found the hard taco shells I was scared they would be fragile and break really easily but NOPE! They toast so nicely in the oven under the broiler with some cheese on them and they aren’t like eating a piece of cardboard which some shells can taste like. I love the flavor and everything about this product and now I have to have them with my tacos every time! Siete has won my heart many times over with all of their products including their holiday bunuelos chips! They are Christmas cinnamon crack in a bag and I can’t wait for next holiday season to buy more!
- Personal Safety Alarm: The Birdie has made me feel so much more comfortable while I walk my dog and open and close the gym in the weird hours of the day. I keep it close by whenever I am alone and It is so reassuring to have just that little device with me. Sometimes as a girl you just never know and get weird feelings while out on your own and its good to always be alert and aware no matter where you are. Birdie comes with a solid brass keychain to transition with you from day to night––around town, on the trails, across campus, and out at night. It has a very LOUD 130db siren and flashing strobe-light which is extremely bright even in day light. My mom actually bought these in a three pack for my sisters and I for Christmas and bought all the guys safety gear too. It’s always a good idea to be prepared and ready for anything.
- PJ Lounge Set: For Christmas my mom got me this amazingly soft brushed cozy long sleeve Pj set. I have never owned anything from Soma before but my sisters love that place and I’ve heard they have super comfy stuff. Well now I know. These jammies are like wearing a fuzzy sock all over your body but in a stylish way. I love that the bottoms are slim leg almost jogger style, because they don’t look like sloppy baggy pants. The long sleeve top is tunic length so it covers your bottom and gives you an extra chic look even while wearing lounge wear. Of course my mom knew that I love all animal print and the soft grey leopard print is subtle enough to not be too loud. You can catch me stitching away on a needlepoint canvas while sipping tea and watching Bridgerton in these cozy Pjs.
- Vase: The Hibiscus glass bud vase is a grand millennial must have and a wonderful gift for your mother, mother in-law, sister, BFF, you name it. The price point is amazing for such a beautiful hand blown piece of art. This year I got my mom this gorgeous aqua blue bud vase for Christmas and she loved it! Sometimes shopping for ladies can be difficult especially if they already buy the things they want. This bud vase is a great gift idea for the lady that has everything. Vietri has the most gorgeous pieces that are all Italian handmade and stunning! I would love to be able to collect a set of their Christmas dishes for the holidays.
It’s funny because each month is so different, sometimes I have tons of things I want to share and write about and sometimes I have a hard time picking 5 things to share with you. Also, I wanted you all to know that I do not get anything donated or sent to me for free. Everything that I share with you is something I have personally bought and loved and just wanted to share with you so that you might enjoy It as well. I don’t make money on any of the links on here, they are just an easy way for you to find what I am sharing. Sometimes you can find them elsewhere but I usually share the easiest way to purchase the items or where I bought the item myself. If you have been around for a while then you know I love supporting local and smaller businesses If you have a business you love please share so I can give them a try! I hope that this blog brings you some joy and a little insight into my crazy life! 🙂 If there is anything you ever would love to hear about or want me to write about, shoot me an email and I would be happy to!
Stay Cozy Friends,
Shayla M. xoxo