Ah its Holiday Season, and the winter weather is here. I am not too happy about the cold weather but I do love the holidays and everything about them. This year I feel like the holidays are going to feel a little more precious. We are so thankful and grateful for all the many blessings that are in our lives. We are also so fortunate to be able to celebrate with our loved ones.
Even though its going to be freezing until like May next year, miss Lulu has been loving this cold weather and really enjoying our freezing walks in the snow. The Hubby and I have been enjoying cozy evenings in by the beautiful Christmas tree with a nice hot cup of tea. The month of November was a nice way to ease into winter with a few beautiful days in the 60s. I wish I was one of those snowbirds that comes to CO in the Summer and leaves during the winter. I just don’t handle the cold like I used to and typically end up with hand warmers and wool socks on every single day. I used to be the type to snowboard every weekend which, don’t get me wrong I still love to do that but man I’ve turned into a big ol whimp when I get cold.
For Thanksgiving this year we were able to go to my In-laws house in Pagosa Springs CO, for a lovely quiet Thanksgiving dinner of just the 4 of us. We had a delicious meal and a very relaxing weekend in the mountains. My brother even came down for one night with his lady friend and we went to the hot-springs which was so nice to go soak in the mineral water with the crisp winter mountain air.
I also added a few new designs to my Etsy shop which you can check out through this link here at shaylafaithdesigns I had so much fun designing them and I can’t wait to make more! Needlepoint is such a fun hobby and I enjoy the stress relief that it brings me. It’s amazing the comeback that needle art is making when everything in the world shuts down the world goes back to the basics. Not only is it great to have with you wherever you go its easy to travel with and doesn’t take up a whole lot of space. I believe that needlepoint is one of the worlds best kept secrets to shout from the mountain tops. It allows us to stitch up ourselves so that we may stitch up others. Through the process, we transform our energy into tangible maps of our lives with lasting heirlooms. How magical is that!
Now on to the stuff you have been waiting to read. If you have been following me for a while you already know, BUT if you’ve never read one of these posts, let me explain. I like to take an inventory of my favorite things I have stumbled upon each month and share them with you all! It will be open to anything and all things – no exceptions!
If you end up taking my advice (which come on, why wouldn’t you?!) and purchase or use any of the items below – TAG ME in them! I want to see you out there being the BadAss Babes that you all are!
- Smart Diffuser: Okay so I totally drank the Koolaid on this one guys. Everywhere I looked people were talking about this new smart home diffuser with a subscription to scents that get delivered whenever you schedule them. I was originally not too interested because I like candles buttttttt the best part about the Pura Device is that you can schedule your scent to turn on, on specific days and times and not have to worry about forgetting to blow out a candle. I am not going to lie that it is pretty Bad A$$ when I can set it to turn on right before I get home and the house smells amazing. I have three throughout my house and I love that my house smells so cohesive if that even is a thing you could describe your house as. I automatically think of fancy hotels with their signature scents. When you walk from room to room you can have the same scent diffusing or different scents and you smell it throughout the house. Sadly, these things sell like hotcakes and are always sold out but if you are able to get your hands on one I would give it a whirl you can control scent intensity, and even the color and brightness of the night light. Its a pretty cool home gadget to have that just so happens to smell AHH-mazing. I also really like the fact that they are all clean non toxic and kid/ pet friendly. Right now my favorite scent is the Thymes Fraser Fir and Nest Hearth, they are warm and inviting and smell like winter by the fireplace!
- City Bonfires: This little guy is a genius product that two dads in Maryland developed together after their jobs were affected by COVID. City Bonfires are a portable, reusable mini bonfire that you can take on all of your outdoor adventures. They are filled with non toxic soy wax and the really cool part is that unlike a candle, City Bonfires entire surface becomes the flame which creates a mobile heat source or essentially a mini bonfire in a tin! Each tin is handmade by them with all American made materials. I got a couple of these because I thought that they would make the perfect date night addition with a glass of wine and some cheese or even for a cute s’mores and hot cocoa bar. Living in Colorado we are usually in a drought which results in fire bans all summer. This year Colorado had its largest forest fire in the history of our fires. Having fire bans really puts a damper on your evenings when your camping, but with a little mini bonfire in a tin it might be kinda cute to sit and enjoy the stars by. The best part is that when you are done, to extinguish you just put the lid on a voila no more worrying about if you put the fire out enough before bed. Highly recommended this little guy for a fun date night or quick glamping getaway!
- Oversized Crew Sweatshirt: If you know me I am a personal trainer and coach and have been for many years. I have an unhealthy collection of workout gear all consisting of Lululemon and Athleta. But hey I wear it everyday for work so that justifies buying more AIM ?! Anyway, I don’t own any crew neck sweatshirts and sometimes I just really don’t want a hood. So I found this fabulously bright chartreuse green hoodie that only someone like me who loves bright obnoxious colors would wear. I am in love with the oversized comfy fit. I sized down from my normal Lululemon size 4 to a size 2 and it’s still still huge. I am totally going to buy another one because they are just a good closet staple to have. Especially with winter in full force right now. 🥶 The color I linked here is not the same color I have because the one I have is sold out but it is similar to this color but more of a green instead of yellow.
- Puzzle: Growing up my sister and I really loved to build puzzles. I still love them but haven’t had a whole lot of down time to really enjoy them until now. A cute and favorite watercolor artist that I love, Evelyn Henson has the cutest painting of dogs and she had them made into puzzles. Well naturally I had to buy one. It is the cutest painting of a ski slope and puppies all over it. I think it’s only 250 pieces so it isn’t so overwhelming of a puzzle. You won’t have to leave it out for days on end which is nice because most people don’t have the space for that anyway. I’m thinking when I’m finished with it I will decoupage it and frame it to hang in our hallway/gallery wall as art because it is art in puzzle form!
- Body Wash: I am typically a bar of soap gal myself but lately I’ve been enjoying this new cleaner body wash brand found at Target called Native. I got the seasonal scent candy cane because it’s the holidays and it smells Devine! I use it in my morning shower as a pick me up to wake up and start the day smelling like peppermint and vanilla YUM!
Well folks I am working on coming up with my December favorites as we speak. I wanted you all to know that I do not get anything donated or sent to me for free. Everything that I share with you is something I have personally bought and loved and wanted to share with you so that you might enjoy It as well. I don’t make money on any of the links on here, they are just an easy way for you to find what I am sharing. Sometimes you can find them elsewhere but I usually share the easiest way to purchase the items or where I bought the item myself. I hope that this blog brings you joys or at least a little insight into my life. Its nothing fancy but just a way to share the things I’m loving at the moment in hopes to brighten your day or so that you might find your next favorite item as well! This year I did not do any gift guides but I am already conjuring up some great ideas for next year. I am hoping to be able to invest more time and energy into my blog and write more about fitness and life in general in the year 2021. I hope you have have a wonderful Christmas and Holiday Season!
Until next month,