Alright before you give me a bunch a crap for making a gift round up for pets let me just tell you that our dog Lulu is like our child and I spoil her rotten. You can judge and laugh at me all you want, but I treat her as if she is part of our family. She has made our life so much brighter with all her tail waggin’ happy dance’s, and lots and lots of kisses! She is always one of the best parts of my day and I love giving her the best doggie life that she could possibly have! And dont go thinking I am the only crazy human being that does this because I know I’m not.
Here are a few little holiday tidbits from the latest Country Living Magazine holiday issue that I found interesting about pet owners during Christmas!
Did you know that a new study has found that a whopping 40% of dog owners spend more on their pampered pooches than their family members at Christmas.
Research commissioned by the Savile Row Company found that a quarter of British pet parents shell out more on their pup than their partner, and 68% of us are planning to spend more on our dogs in the run up to this Christmas than last year.
And The reason probably won’t surprise anyone with a four-legged best friend…
The survey found that 65% of those polled consider their dog to be a member of the family, while 15% went as far as to say they see their pet to be “like a child”…………. I am definitly guilty of that one!
With all that being said here are a few things that I have rounded up that I think are great ideas if you are looking to spoil your fur baby or family pooch for Christmas!
- First up and personally one of my favorites! This fabulous pagoda bet bed! This dog bed is so chic and I will most definitely be saving up for this bad boy because it will add style and not just look like Lulus pillow bed on the ground. This is something I wouldn’t mind having out in the house. Pagoda Dog Bed It comes in Black, White, Blue or Green!
2. If your dog is anything like mine she likes comfort and fluffy things. She will spend a good couple minutes in the evenings fluffing her own bed to make sure it is just right. It is soo hilarious and we laugh everytime! So it would only make sense to add a nice touch to this Fab Chinioiserie style dog bed with a monogrammed personalized dog blankie. Because well lets face it in Texas if it doesn’t breathe or move we put a damn monogram on it. Order this customizable Axis Deer Hide Blanket that is a so sweet and soft with your fur childs name! The front side is a custom printed axis deer hide design on buttery soft minky material. The back side is a cuddly plush cream-colored faux fur. I think I may just curl up with Lulu on her bed with this super soft blankie.
3. Ordinary stainless steel pet bowls are drab and boring. Why not add a touch of timeless class and style with these beautiful Teddy Pet Bowl These magnificent blue and white pet bowls are the perfect gift for your beloved pet. Beautiful blue and white porcelain with floral/trellis design and a pagoda in the center.
4. Whats more classic than a timeless Chewnel! These purses exemplify elegance and ruffinement. Pawsition your pup as a fashion savvy hound. Words can’t describe these treasured valuable gifts. But fortunately barks and yelps can!
5.Was your pup extra good this year? Stuff their Christmas stocking with Zukes Mini Natural Trees Treats, a holiday training treat. Turkey & Cranberry treats are less than 3 calories each and are in the festive shape of seasonal pine trees. No corn, wheat, soy, or other fillers. Treats are crafted in the USA with turkey as the first ingredient. Little miss Lulu absolutely loves everything from this brand and I can rest easy knowing whats in them. I love supporting smaller local businesses and Zukes is from my home state in Durango, Colorado! You can find them on Chewy.com, Amazon, and Sometimes in your local pet store near you!
6. Why not treat your dog to some new digs with this fabulous and trendy embroidered Custom Leopard Collar ! Leopard is so in and your furry friend is going to have all the dogs asking her where she got this personalized accessory from!
7. If you live anywhere near snow then your little pooch needs these bougie furry bad boys to keep her little paws warm and safe from side walk salt burns. Just like her mom she loves her UGG’s. Luckily they make them for your pup too! Dog Australia Boots look at how stinking cute are they! Back in Colorado Lulu has several pairs of snow boots that she actually enjoys wearing and now she is a little weenie when it comes to walking in the snow without her boots on.
8. What better gift than to get a matching coat to go with those fantastic boots! Keep your canine cozy with this gorgeous Brown Sherpa Leather Dog Coat from Hailey & Oscar. Made from genuine super soft suede leather, this great quality coat is ideal for those cold long walks, even in the worst of weather. The large front strap protects your pampered pooch from the wind and the faux fur lining ensures that they’ll stay warm and comfy. Velcro straps make this stylish coat easy to wear or remove and the V-shape at the back means your top dog can freely wag their tail. This is the perfect coat to help your dog stay snug while looking extremely fashionable and ready to take on the streets in Vail.
9. While we are still on the subject of pampering our pets why not treat them to a luxurious spa treatment! Every year for Christmas you get lotions and perfumes with bath bombs and soaps. So why not do the same for your special furry family member! How adorable is this Dog Spa Gift Set! This natural, handmade & small batch dog spa kit includes:
– One (1) 4oz pH Balanced Lavender Oats Coco-Boosted Shampoo
– One (1) 4oz pH Balanced Lavender ACV Ultra Conditioning Cream
– One (1) Calming Lavender Bath Bomb
– One (1) 4oz Lavender Oats Detergent-Free Bar Soap
It even comes gift wrapped in a hot pink box tied with blue ribbon!
10. Last but not least this is more for you and your pet. I have always wanted one of these and am seriously debating on getting one! When I have to leave home to go to work I am constantly thinking about Lulu and what she is doing, if she looks sad, if she got into anything or if she is barking while we are away. The Furbo dog camera has a fully HD Wifi Pet Camera with a 2-Way Audio system, Designed for Dogs, it is also Compatible with Alexa. You can talk to your dog and toss them a treat all at once! How cool is that! It also alerts you by sending you a message if there are alarms or loud noises in your home. Just having the comfort in being able to check on your pet and see them is a major stress reliever!
I hope some of these items sparked some ideas for you while you shop for the furry family members this Christmas Season. Our girl Lulu will most definitly be getting spoiled, because she has been a very good girl this year! Good luck with the rest of your shopping!
until next time,