HAPPY JULY!!!!!!! Oh man it has been such a different summer than last June when we were in TX with the humidity. I must say that I do miss the humid air every once in a while. Other than the fact that it always feels so heavy and almost suffocating when trying to take a deep breath its not too terrible. However, I am a little scared for this frigid winter air that I know is coming soon. I do not do well in the cold so we will see how much of a baby I have become.
Lets see where do I begin… JUNE what happened in June?!? Well my mom and my youngest sister came to visit us for the night which was lovely to have them over. Even for just a short trip it was nice to have guests over. I also FINALLY got my hair done after what seemed like 10 years without having it done, it was wayyyy past due as I am sure many of you have had the same struggles lately. Other than those two things we really didn’t end up doing a whole lot other than work work work.
I pray that all of you reading this have been safe, healthy, and enjoying your summer so far.
Now on to the good stuff. I’m sure most of you who have been following me for a while already know, BUT if you’ve never read one of these posts, let me explain. I like to take an inventory of my favorite things I have stumbled upon each month and share them with you all! It will be open to anything and all things – no exceptions!
If you end up taking my advice (which come on girl, why wouldn’t you?!) and purchase or use any of the items below – TAG ME in them! I want to see you out there being the BadAss Babes that you all are!
- Classic Sandals – If you know anything about me I love supporting small businesses and products that are handmade with love in the good ol’ USA! Now more than ever we need to be helping our economy by showing some love to the little guys! These hand crafted genuine leather sandals were definitely not made on any assembly line. Your feet weren’t so why should your shoes be?!?100% real leather Palm Beach Sandals have been the favorite sandal of trendsetters of more than fifty years! Yes you read that right! This style was originally crafted with love for the stylish and elegant Jacqueline Kennedy. Palm Beach Sandals continues to honor the tradition by creating each pair by hand. The thick, expertly fashioned leather soles quickly mold to your unique pair of feet during the first week of wear. I can’t rave enough about how comfortable and stylish these are, dressed up or down these won’t disappoint. I got the Classic -Chanel/ White in size 6.5. They are made as TTS as possible.
- Lip Gloss– I am a major fan of all lip products I like to wear lipstick and lipgloss but in the summer I really enjoy wearing a lipgloss with a nice light shade of pink and maybe a hint of glitter in it. This Chanel Lipgloss isn’t sticky or tacky and doesn’t clump up on the edges of your lips, its hydrating like chapstick and I think that its pretty long lasting! I like the shade 728- rose pulpe it is a lovely color that practically anyone can wear and isn’t too pigmented. Plus if you order from their website and not from Nordstrom they actually send it in a really nice large gift box which I love to keep photos or keepsakes in.
- Essie Gel Couture Nail Polish– Who doesn’t love a good pink nail polish?! I have been swooning over this Essie pink polish all summer long and I love how long lasting the gel couture is! I haven’t been able to get a mani/pedi yet so Ive been doing my own at home. Although I don’t make it look as good as when you get it done I am still impressed what my left hand can do with a tiny little brush! I love this color Pinned to Perfection.
- Bralettes– These super affordable Amazon bralettes are life changing! I HATE wearing normal bras. In fact I rarely do since I am a personal trainer and never need to. So when I do actually put one on its like a foreign object squeezing the life outta me and I can’t stand them. These comfy things are a great compromise because its like wearing a sports bra but its more like a bra. It’s not compressive and there is light padding. I will say if you are a little bigger boobed which I am not then these may not be for you because they do not have any support but they will hold you in. I liked that they came in a 4- pack and the pack I got was 4 different colors which was nice! Highly recommend these!
- Bike Shorts– Okay I know what you are thinking. Bike shorts are goofy and too trendy right ?!?! WRONG! they are so stinking comfy and I jumped on that band wagon and drank that Koolaid real fast! I originally thought I would be too short to wear these but I was so wrong. These are so comfy with a big T-shirt or a cute crop top. To add an even trendier element pair with some leather Birkenstocks and you’ve got the ultimate outfit of comfort. I always size down 1X or 2X from my usual size when I buy from Athleta.
Thats it! My Top 5 Favorites for the month of June. I am already getting excited to show you what’s in store for July!
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, it means the world to me that you would spend just a few minutes reading this. I do not profit from this in any way shape or form, these are things that I have personally purchased with my own money. These are my personal opinions and no one is paying me to write any reviews for any of their products.