And just like that July is over and we are well on our way into fall! Since its the last real month of summer it looks like we will just have to make this month the best one yet! I hope you all have been making the most out of your summers!
This July we both worked quite a bit so getting out and finding something where we didn’t have to plan a whole lot wasn’t easy. We made it out camping once which was hilarious because it poured rain the entire time but nice to get out and about. We also made it to a Mexican restaurant in Manitou Springs which was pretty good! For the most part though we have been hanging out at home and smoking something in the Green Mountain Grill every Sunday.
If you have been following me for a while already know, BUT if you’ve never read one of these posts, let me explain. I like to take an inventory of my favorite things I have stumbled upon each month and share them with you all! It will be open to anything and all things – no exceptions!
If you end up taking my advice (which come on girl, why wouldn’t you?!) and purchase or use any of the items below – TAG ME in them! I want to see you out there being the BadAss Babes that you all are!
- Scout Bags Storage Bin – If you know anything about me, its that I am hyper organized and do not like clutter! I am the queen of throwing things away, which is funny because Corbin is the keeper of all things. With this cute and functional bin, Hang-10 Bin, I have been able to declutter my desk and file away everything up in the closet. I don’t need tons of files but its great for holding all those important documents and looks cute at the top of the closet. Even though I used it for files because the size is perfect, you can use it for just about anything since its just a storage box. However, the material is very high quality and the bottom will never fall out when picking it up, they are made from very durable material that is made to last. These sell out super quick and the pattern I got is already sold out but I love this new pattern too! I have a giant one in the back of my jeep that holds all my grocery bags, umbrella, blankets, etc. Literally the best!
- Ballard Designs Fabric– So this might be a weird favorites for this month but I have to say that I am so thrilled with my how my little project turned out this month. I purchased a vintage cane chair and footstool off of facebook market place about a month ago. They both need reupholstered badly. They were pretty gross but hey I got them for almost free! So I did a little fabric shopping and bought some gorgeous yardage from Ballard Designs to have them recovered. I found a local company that does reupholstery and now it looks like a brand new chair! The footstool looks so cute now and I am extremely happy with the fabric choices. The cool thing about Ballard is that they will send you up to 10 fabric samples at a time for free all you do is pay shipping. After that I chose my two favs and ordered them. The Performance Sunbrella Fabric in a pretty creamy off white color is what I chose for the armchair. Because HELLO we are normal people and we use our furniture and I wanted it to be easy to clean and stain resistant. The fabric on the footstool I wanted to be a fun and funky Chinoiserie blue and green design. I am soooooo pleased with my choices! I will be reupholstering some dining room chairs that I got for a steal! I purchased all four for $60 on FB marketplace in amazing condition and they retail on Chairish for $2,500-$3000! Talk about a WIN! The two fabrics that I chose for my chair was the Moka Linen Sunbrella Performance Fabric and for my footstool I chose the Pagoda Green Fabric here is a photo of the finished product and the two close up of the fabrics.
- Volcano Candle – I know, I know, I am a little late to the game with these candles. I’ve always just diffused essential oils and not really bothered with candles the past few years. However, I finally caved the last time I was in an Anthropologie store with my mom and sister while shopping and we each bought a candle because they just smell THAT good! Now I got them hooked on it too and I can’t stop won’t stop with the smell! Plus its so strong it makes you whole house smell that good! I hate when I buy a candle and I can only smell it within a certain radius but these are sooooooo good it like permeates the air in the house and lingers for a while too!
- Straw Hat– The one accessory I love no matter what season it is, is a good hat! The Straw hat is a summer closet staple. I decided to go big and get a wide brimmed straw hat because I wanted that care free chic summer look. The only problem I would say after ordering from Lack Of Color is that they are based out of Australia and it took 6 weeks for my hat to get here due to COVID. Other than that the quality is superb and I know that my hat will last many many years. I am a firm believer in quality over quantity when it comes to clothing and accessories.
- Not a Perfume – So I have been hearing the raves online about this perfume from Juliette Has a Gun at Sephora. I had smelled it a few times in the store but I wanted to see for myself what all the hype was about. So naturally I bought the travel size because I would never invest in the full size unless I LOVED it or tested it out first. Perfume is not cheap for stinky water and alcohol hahaha and yet we all still pay for it. This is a warm and woodsy fresh scent that is very different to my normal perfume scents that I usually wear, which is why I like it so much. I will probably buy the full size during the Sephora insider sale!
Whelp that’s all for July folks, I hope you enjoy reading a little bit about my life every month and I really hope you try any of these lovelies and tag me in them on your Insta or FB! I would love to be a little bit of sunshine in your life!
-P.S. I in no way make any money from any of these companies or brands, I am just posting my personal opinion on things that I personally purchased. Nothing I post about was given to me for free.