Well folks this week it went from 95 degrees to 32 degrees overnight and snowed over 4 inches! WTH! I am soooo not ready for that kind of weather. I am slightly terrified for this upcoming winter since I haven’t had a real Colorado winter in 2 years.
This month was about the most fun I’ve had in a while. My blonde bestie got herself married. It was an honor to stand up there and be by her side while she married the sweetest guy ever!
My youngest sister also got to visit too, which was fun being able to show her around and have her over for dinner, before she went back to college for the year.
Now enough chit chat.
If you have been following me for a while you already know, BUT if you’ve never read one of these posts, let me explain. I like to take an inventory of my favorite things I have stumbled upon each month and share them with you all! It will be open to anything and all things – no exceptions!
If you end up taking my advice (which come on girl, why wouldn’t you?!) and purchase or use any of the items below – TAG ME in them! I want to see you out there being the BadAss Babes that you all are!
- Spindrift – This half tea, half lemon sparkling water drink is my new shizzzz. Let me first start by saying I am an avid all day long ice tea drinker. I throughly enjoy a good tea with butt loads of lemon. I’m talking like a half a lemon per glass or more. When you add the effervescence part it makes the drink even more delicious! You an purchase a case through the website linked here or above or you can typically find a box of 8 at your local grocery store along with tons of other yummy sparkling drinks too.
- Hair Spray – Alright so I don’t do my hair very often because I’m a trainer and I just throw it in a pony tail most the time but when I do I have found that most hair sprays leave my hair feeling crunchy, heavy, or just don’t do the job at all. This stuff is my new holy grail of hair spray. I had my hair stylist use it on me before curling my hair one day and my curls held for such a longgggg time. That never happens. Plus whenever I have my hair done I can never recreate that look or feel ever again. BUT I went and bought some of this magical spray in a bottle and curled my hair and BAMM my curls lasted an entire week until I washed my hair! I was so impressed. This is a must have in my hair products at all times now. I haven’t tried a living proof product that I didn’t like.
- Woven Flats – I am not typically someone who reaches for a pair of flats based solely on the fact that I am so short I usually try to wear something that gives me a little height. However, I had heard these shoes were extremely comfy and wanted to give them a whirl. The original Birdies were designed to be a stylish house party slipper or back in the day they called them “smoking slippers.” BUT! Because these are so stylish these flats can be worn inside, or outside, and with the seven layers of comfort your feet will be thanking you all day! I am extremely impressed with how they fit and feel. It’s kind of like walking on clouds and they don’t pop off your heal. I will def be buying another pair. Maybe some velvet ones for this winter. 😉 These woven style are just the seasonal ones for the summer they also come in different styles and fabrics.
- Crop Wide leg Jeans -Banana Republic has the hands down very BEST petite jeans I have ever been able to find. They aren’t all granny styles either which is a huge plus! I have been able to successfully order jeans online and they fit perfectly. I wear a size 25 petite at Banana and they don’t feel like sausage casings on my legs at all. I love how stretchy they are but still have the structure of denim. Plus this new wide leg crop style is adorbs even on a shortie like me! LOVE IT!
- Pareo Wrap – Okay so this purchase was a little late in the season because its supposed to be a swim suit cover essentially. It’s supposed to be worn wrapped around your waist and tied to wear as a makeshift skirt. Or you can even wear as a shawl/ shoulder wrap. I had been eyeballing this print for some time now and they were having a sale on these which rarely happens so I just had to snag one up. India Amory is a lifestyle and home goods brand that makes handmade Indian Block Printed Cotton fabrics like table cloths napkins and clothing. It is a female run business based out of South Hampton N.Y. and I love everything about Julies style! If you have been following along for a few years now on my favorites page, you’ll get to know me and my efforts to support women in small business here in the U.S. My next purchase will be a beautiful table cloth and napkin set!
Thats all for this month! Until next month 🙂 ❤