Ah the month of April is more like false spring in Colorado because one day its 80 outside and the very next its below freezing and you are scraping ice and snow off your car. The good thing though is that it doesn’t last long and melts pretty quick but its so rude when you can wear a cute dress one day and they next have to put on your coats and rain boots. RUDE!
One thing we have been able to finally do was dust off the ol’ mountain bikes and go for a few fun rides down at Pueblo Reservoir. They have so super flowy easy going trails that make you feel like you are in the desert which you kind of are down there. The lake is huge and we usually end up riding a good 15 miles or so on some loops all around it.
I also released a new canvas in my Etsy shop this month too! It is inspired by the infamous and beautiful re-gentrified Pearl Brewery which is now turned hotel and shopping/eatting area. It is one of my favorite places to hangout and shop in San Antonio and we used to live just a few minutes away so I spent almost everyday there walking and enjoying a drink on the River walk. It is an absolute architectural work of art and if you ever get a chance to visit The Pearl I highly recommend going. You can shop the canvas here on my Etsy shop ! Check it out!
Well that’s about all that happened in the month of April. Easter was pretty quiet at our house and I have pretty much been hitting the gym hard every single day. It is my happy place and I enjoy that I can just be there for a few hours and feel like a million bucks afterwards. Gym time is where I find the best stress relief and I don’t like missing a day even if it isn’t a hard workout, any workout is better than no workout.
Now on to the stuff you have been waiting to read. If you have been following me for a while you already know, BUT if you’ve never read one of these posts, let me explain. I like to take an inventory of my favorite things I have stumbled upon each month and share them with you all! It will be open to anything and all things – no exceptions!
If you end up taking my advice (which come on, why wouldn’t you?!) and purchase or use any of the items below – TAG ME in them! I want to see you out there being the BadAss Babes that you all are!
- A Court Of Thorns and Roses: One of my favorite past times is to read. I love to read any and all genres but lately I’ve been enjoying fantasy where I can completely go to a different time and place and become one of the characters. This book series was recommended by a friend that I’ve known since elementary school. Let me tell you that I am completely enthralled by these books and will be extremely sad when I am done reading them. They are so good its hard to put down even when its getting way to late at night and I need to go to bed because I have clients at 5am. It’s way worth the lost sleep for sure. I really won’t delve too deep into what its about because you will just have to see for yourself but I can tell you that you will be addicted once to open the first book. This is book of the 5 book series and I am already on book three in two months!
- Lake Pajamas Lounge Dress: I must confess that I don’t actually own any pajamas from Lake but I do plan to change that here soon. I have heard marvelous things about their cotton pjs and hope to add some to my summer pjs soon. Its hard to shop for cute pjs sets when its still 36 degrees outside here in Colorado, but a girl can dream of looking cute when she goes to bed can’t she? I did however order one of their summer lounge dresses which I guess you could wear as a nightgown but I would much rather wear those scallops out and about because they are just so darn cute. I immediately wore this dress out of the package wrinkles and all the very next day after it arrived because I loved it so much. The perfect dress fit for porch swings or flower beds, your can soak up the sun in this Garden Dress in peach with coordinating piping. The scalloped hem and sleeves make for an ultra-feminine silhouette.I feel like I should be in a secret garden with my straw hat and straw bag collecting flowers and sipping on lemonade.
- Pamela Munson Straw Bag: Pamela Munson is a straw accessories brand inspired by classic style reminiscent of a bygone era. Each piece is handwoven with thier signature design elements that propose a modern balance of strength and femininity. Designed in New York, they view straw as a natural, sustainable and seasonless material.I love this little cornhusk bag so much! I used it as my adult Easter basket this year because why the hell not!? The Petite Isla Bahia bucket bag is such a cute addition to your purse collection. Where effortless island vibes meet the sophistication of the city. This Isla Bahia has a soft, feminine touch with pastel grosgrain and a beautiful vintage European lace overlay. I can not wait to add to my basket collection!
- Penny Knot Mules : When I say that these are the most comfortable pair of heels Ive ever worn I totally mean it! These are so freaking comfy! The Loeffler Randall Penny Pleated knot mule in gold lamé is a gorgeous gold heel that can be worn with just about anything. Casual with jeans and a cute top or even a sundress to an evening gown the Penny mule is a versatile must have addition to your curated shoe collection. I will say that I ordered my normal size 6.5 but if you have a large/ wide foot I would recommend going up a half size. Mine fit perfectly but I don’t have a very big foot. I think these are the perfect shoe for wedding guest outfit or date night out. I was totally influenced by a few of my favorite bloggers to get these because they told me they were 100% worth the money and will become one of my most worn pair of heels and they were not kidding. Absolutely will be ordering the sandals in this style as well and maybe another pair in a different color?!?!
- Varley Leggings: My husband is the sweetest. He came home from a long work day last month and surprised me with a new pair of Luna Varley leggings in this burnt colored snake skin print. They are so freaking soft and comfy. They remind me of Lulu Align leggings but have more support to them. I didn’t have an issue with them falling down or being to tight and I really love the high rise waistband that lays flat against the skin. I could live in these leggings! I will def be buying more from this company because sometimes its nice to branch out from my normal Lululemon. You can find Varley at Neiman’s, Revolve and a few other places online too. When you wear leggings for work everyday you get quite frankly really sick of leggings. Yes I know that sounds like a sin but I actually love wearing things that aren’t athletic gear because I wear it too much. I get really bored of wearing just plain leggings and my husband knows that I like to wear prints and colors too so its nice to add a new print to the ever growing legging collection. Life it way too short to just wear black leggings.
Well my friends that is all for now. I cant wait to share some of next months goodies with you! I hope you enjoyed that little insight to my month of April!
Until next month my sweet friends!